Tuesday 31 August 2021
Thank you for your patience following our announcement regarding Hip Hop Nationals yesterday.
Our event organisers have been working to put together a list of FAQs which you will now see below.
Please check this list in the first instance if you have any questions regarding this event, as this is where you will be directed with any questions already answered on this document.
If you have a question not answered on this document, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be updating this document with any new information as soon as we have it.
Monday 30 August 2021
Our venue, Cashmere High School cannot let any events take place above Covid Alert Level 1.
Because of this, we are postponing the 2021 Hip Hop National Championships to Saturday 20th November.
The event will still be held at Cashmere High School in Christchurch.
We understand that this is much later than the event was scheduled, but it is a much safer and more viable option, especially as it will allow for spectators.
We will be in contact with crew managers soon to reconfirm entries.
More information regarding the event will become available when possible.
Thursday 19 August 2021
The NZCAF Executive have met to discuss the implications of Covid Alert Level changes to our National events.
At present, we are not in a position to make any decisions regarding our events, as we do not know what restrictions may or may not be in place by 18 September.
Our current guidelines are as follows:
- The safety and health of our competitors, their supporters and our volunteers is our number one priority when making decisions around our events.
- At present, we do not have enough information to make any decisions around either of our National events.
- It is up to individual athletes/coaches/schools to decide whether to go ahead booking flights, accommodation etc., for our National events. Please contact your club and/or school for guidelines around their policies.
- We recommend that, if you are booking flights, you book refundable/exchangeable ones. The booking of flights will not be a consideration in the decisions around possible cancellation/postponement of events if safety of athletes, supporters and volunteers is a risk.
- NZCAF will make decisions around these events as soon as feasible, and once we have enough information to make informed decisions.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us