Wednesday 27 May 2020

At this stage our Regional and National events will be going ahead as physical events.
This week the government announced that the gathering restrictions under Alert Level 2 are being eased from 10 to 100 persons. While being under an alert level makes it tricky to present an event, the news of the new 100 person limit does make things easier.
Keeping you safe
We have prepared an Event Health and Safety Policy which will help our event organisers to keep within Ministry of Health guidelines, and keep event attendees safe. http://HIPHOPINSCHOOLS.CO.NZ/SafeEvents
It still seems likely that the limits on dance events and gatherings will be reviewed between now and the first regional event in Southland at the end of July. We will be watching closely, and updating the Event Health and Safety Policy if we need to. The guidance for event attendees is attached to this post. If you have any questions, please message us on Facebook or email president@nzcaf.com.
It’s fair to say that while things are going well, we are not out of the woods yet with the COVID-19 pandemic. In the event that the alert level goes back up, or the gathering limit is decreased, any remaining regional events will become online events.
Please be aware, this decision could happen at any time between now and the event’s scheduled date. We will post an update as soon as any decisions are made.
Changes to venues and dates
Unfortunately some of our events venues have become unavailable as they themselves are dealing with the impact of COVID-19.
Our group of volunteers are working hard to sort this out asap, and minimise the impact it has on competitors. We will update you as soon as possible if any venues or dates change.
You will have seen the announcement that Nationals has been moved from Christchurch to Lower Hutt. This is to avoid clashing with the rescheduled Hip Hop Unite Championships.
This decision wasn't an easy one to make, and we appreciate that it will negatively impact some crews. We felt the overlap with Hip Hop Unite would have disadvantaged a huge number of dancers, and moving the event to be alongside Hip Hop Unite had the larger benefit to our members.
We will continue to keep you updated, so keep an eye on our Facebook page for the latest news.
If we can be any help at all, please send us a message on Facebook or send an email to president@nzcaf.com

Wednesday 13 May 2020

We’re sure you’re all across the recent announcement that New Zealand is moving to Level 2.
At the stage our Regional and National events will be going ahead.

In partnership with our event organisers, we are preparing an Alert Level 2 Event Health and Safety Policy which accounts for any restrictions which may be in force when our events take place.

It seems very likely that the limits on indoor events and gatherings will be adjusted over the coming weeks. We will be continuing to keep a close eye on how these impact our events, and making sure our event policies are kept up to date.

With the current Alert Level 2 guidance, training may be able to resume in some form. Please make sure that you follow the guidance of your teachers and coaches, and follow the Ministry of Health guidelines at all times.

If you have any questions at all, please message us on Facebook or email president@nzcaf.com.
Our next update will be Wednesday 27th May.

Thursday 30 April 2020

At the stage our events for 2020 remain unchanged.

Based on the information currently available, we are confident we can present our regional and national events if the country was at either alert level 2 or 1.

We will continue to monitor alert levels and will keep you updated.

Our next update will be Wednesday 13th May.

Wednesday 15 April 2020

At this stage, our events for 2020 remain unchanged.

We know how much time and effort you all put into your routines. Because of this, NZCAF is committed to bringing you an event series in 2020. Please be assured that competitions, in some form, will happen.

Our next update will be Wednesday 29th April.

We hope you and your whanau are safe and well during the lockdown.

Wednesday 1 April 2020

The NZCAF executive committee is closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation in New Zealand. In particular we are monitoring how and if it will affect the 2020 competition season.

At the stage there is no change to our events, but we will be reassessing each fortnight.

Please be assured that the safety and health of our competitors and their supporters is our priority above all else. We will always follow the guidelines and recommendations provided by the New Zealand Ministry of Health.

We will post updates on our Facebook page and our website should the situation change.

Our next update will be Wednesday 14 April.