2020 Event Calendar
- Regional Competitions
- Auckland – 9 August
- Otago – date tbc
- Nationals Championships
- September 18 September, Christchurch
Offered to crews who are a substantial distance from a regional event.
Entry forms and event information available on the links above
Held every year in September, crews from across New Zealand compete for National titles.
Crews need to qualify at one of the Regional competitions in order to gain a place at the National School’s Hip Hop Championship.
Judges feedback system
After each competition, crews are given the opportunity for feedback from the events judges. Judges are trained and supported by the federation. There are 5 scoring judges on a standard NSHHC panel, and a non scoring head judge who’s job it is to oversea the panel and outcomes.
Important information for new teachers and managers
- competitions take place on a traditional theatre stage, not a 360o stage.
- events are run on weekends during the day
- we allow 6 weeks between regionals and nationals for the event which is furthest from the National venue
- warmup space is provided at venues
- photography and filming of your own crew is allowed
- crews are able to watch other crews perform throughout the event
Hip Hop Unite
Our Judging is based on international criteria, allowing an easy transition for crews to ‘Hip Hop Unite’. Each year the Hip Hop Unite New Zealand National Championship is held in July, were crews are selected to represent New Zealand at the Hip Hop Unite World Championships Follow Hip Hop Unite NZ on